Gleadell Agriculture Limited certainly knows a thing or two about grain. Since 1880 the company has been a major UK trader of grain and is recognised as a leading exporter of grains, oilseeds and pulses across the EU and beyond.
Gleadell’s Great Yarmouth facilities are situated at the UK’s most easterly deep water port and are capable of loading vessels exceeding 13000 tons. Geographically it also benefits from being in close proximity to grain producing areas in the region.
In 2008 Gleadell commissioned a state of the art grain facility comprised of drying and storage facilities as well as offices, laboratory and weigh bridges. To load vessels they invested in a 45m SAMSON shiploader with twin Samson® Material Feeders mounted to the chassis which permit loading of vessels up to 25000mt at a peak loading rate of 1000 tph.
- Self-propelled inline and parallel travel provide high through the ship rate
- Integrated feeders allow for complete movement of the entire equipment while trimming the ship
- Twin feeders maximise loading time as the inflow of materials from trucks can be constant
Precise Vessel Loading
- Mobile equipment is easily positioned for a variety of vessels
- The shiploader can be motored off the berth when not in use
- Loading direct from truck to ship reduces double handling and the risk of contamination
- Dust controlled trimming chute
Limit Dust and Waste
- Full enclosure on the shiploader boom and on the twin Material Feeders
- Dust filters at conveyor feed boot and at discharge to trimming chute
- Cascade style trimming chute to prevent dust generation